Now that you have collected data and arrived at a theme, it is time to analyze that data individually. To begin to accomplish this you are going to create a persona that represents the typical user of the system you observed that are related to the theme uncovered in the affinity mapping session. This persona will be the baseline for whom you are designing your intervention for. You will need to answer each of the following questions to begin to create your persona. Each student, not team, will need to create a persona.
You will formally present (Google Slide, Keynote, Powerpoint, etc.) your persona to the class on Thursday 10.05.17 along with your written narrative. You will roughly have 5 minutes to present. Please note you will be sharing your persona’s with the entire class. This will allow everyone to use multiple personas for their research and process case study. So please take this exercise seriously.
- 1024 x 768 pixels
- Ethnicity, Race, Nationality, etc.
- Disability (If any!)
- Job Title
- Abbreviated Narrative
- 1024 x 768 pixels
Questions to answer or consider as you work on your slides
- Name: Use a realistic name. Don’t use names of friends, family or colleagues.
- Quote: Capture the essence to one or two points that could come out of the persona’s own mouth - so to speak.
- Who is it? Sketch the personal profile, age, location, job title, what kind of person is it? Think about one or more personas from segmentation.
- What Goals? What is the supreme motivator? What are (latent) needs and desires?
- What Attitude? What is the point of view? What is the expectation, perception of the service, company or brand. What motivates the persona to go to the website, into the shop, or use the service.
- Which Behavior? What does she do? Tell stories about her behavior while using a service, product or site. Channel usage for various needs (internet, visiting comparable sites, mobile, social media). What works well, what are the frustrations, what is stopping her from choosing a function, service or product?
- Describe a typical day. What does she do when she first gets up? What does she do next?
- How does she do [a certain task]?
- How long does this task typically take?
- Where would she start?
- What would she do next?
- What activities take up most of her time?
- What activities are most important to her success?
- What are the most difficult, challenging, annoying or frustrating aspects of your daily life?
- After a typical day, what about your day (if anything) is still on your mind? (In other words, what issues keep you up at night?)
You will need to read the following two articles on creating personas.
This assignment will be worth 12 points. You can upload your files here.
- If you received between 8–12 points you successfully created and presented a thoughtful persona that gave insight into the problems the persona faces from day to day.
- If you received between 3–7 points you successfully created and presented a persona that gave some insight into the problems the persona faces from day to day.
- If you received between 0–2 points you did not successfully create or present a thoughtful persona that gave insight into the problems the persona faces from day to day.